Thursday, August 13, 2009

They're growing!!!

Today we saw the doctor and got to see the little follicles (what they call them before they are mature eggs) in my ovaries. The dr said that I'm doing a lot better than he thought I would with the condition my ovaries are in. That's encouraging to us. There are a good number of follicles growing and they look strong. We will go again to the doctor on Saturday and if everything looks good, we'll take the "trigger shot" to make them release on Saturday night and go for the retrieval on Monday!! We are really encouraged.

We would love to ask as many of you who are willing to commit to pray for us regularly over the next 3 weeks. On Monday (or TBA) I'll go for the egg retrieval. This is a surgical procedure. Then the eggs will be fertilized and a few days later put back into my uterus. A couple of weeks after that we'll know if we're pregnant.

Things to pray for:
1) Our hearts, minds and souls and my body. I have a host of side effects from fatigue, to nausea, to bloating and just feeling crummy. This morning at 5am I woke up with what could only be called a migraine with nausea. Today, I'm feeling much better but really tired. We are both a little anxious and growing more so. It's so exciting and whoa-kind-of-crazy at the same time.
2) Please pray blessing over our little eggs. That they would grow big and strong. And for God to breath life where He may.
3) Please pray for my body to continue to respond well to the meds. This morning I gave myself my first shot. I just had to do it to get over the fear. And after last night's migraine it seemed like no big deal :) Felipe has been wonderful in giving me all the shots. He's now a pro as we've been doing 2 a day for the last week or so.

Thank you all so much for walking this path with us. We feel as though we are being lifted up by our friends and family. It's been amazing to know how many of you are rooting for us and cheering us on. Thank you for lifting us up to God. It's in Him alone we find peace.
We love you all so much.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: