Thursday, April 2, 2009

a sigh of relief...

We go today for the first IUI! Yay! Yesterday, I was a nervous wreck. The night before, we ran out of the injectable "Wheaties" and we were supposed to have one more dose (long story about a mix-up with a nurse). The "Wheaties" are supposed to keep the little eggs growing and keep them from releasing on their own. Timing is very important you know! When I finally got in to see the doctor yesterday and he did the ultrasound showing the little guys still in place, I let out a huge sigh of relief. He looked at me and said, "It's okay, it's over now. No more stressing!" For some reason, his words were very comforting.

I had dinner with two friends last night who have both been trying to conceive for several years now. We talked about the fight to continually renew the mind to trust in Jesus. Yesterday, that was my constant conversation with the Lord. I want to trust You. In the end, the wanting is all I had. I was afraid. Yet still, I feel in my heart that the wanting is beautiful to Him. One day, we'll see Him face to face and the Wanting will be over. One day.


The IUI's will take place today at 5:30pm and tomorrow at 10:30am. There is more than one egg mature enough to make it! Three to be exact. He gave me an ultrasound picture of the eggs! I thought that would fun, right? Who gets to have a picture of their kids with only half their DNA? Please pray with us for the next couple of weeks. If the eggs conceive they have an 8-12 day journey to implant securely into the womb, their home for the next 9 months! We won't know anything for 2-3 weeks. Statistically, an IUI gives us a 25% chance of getting pregnant. With God, it's zero or 100% right? Please pray for His mercy. And for His little warriors (our kids!) to be sent to us.

Thank you so much for praying.

No comments: